Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve Miracle

In a recent post, I mentioned that I was concerned that the Habitat's signature red-tailed fox was the victim of the nearby four-lane highway. Apparently, I was wrong. Although some poor fox was killed, it was not our fox.

This morning about 8 AM, he walked through the Habitat and entered the brush where he normally sits and observes the squirrels. Dot made the observation and reports that he appeared to be in good health with a dark, reddish, winter coat. He was in no hurry, he simply strolled through.

Dot suggests that he is truly family - he shows up only for the holidays - his last visit was Thanksgiving.

I was late getting the camera so I have no photos. We are keeping watch (like the shepherds of old) this Christmas Eve to see if he re-appears to take his normal observation throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment